Wine marketing intern with Alpine Wineries Private Limited in Bangalore / Karnataka
Host Company: Alpine Wineries Private Limited
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job Role: Hosting/Food
Shared apartments/ Food covered
Duration of Internship: Dates of Internship : From April 2012 to one year
Internship Title Sales-Marketing & Sommelier intern
Language, Level(1 – 5, 5 is fluent) English, level 4, 5
Alpine Wineries, Wine maker: Stephane Derenoncourt (Vignerons consultants, top consulting company based in Bordeaux, France), produces uncompromising fine wines and has launched by the end of 2011.
As a Marketing & Sommelier Intern, one will be involved in the process of research market conditions in local, national and international market (especially China and other Asian countries) to determine potential sales of a product and then to plan a marketing action.
Alpine Winery will occasionally host and organize special events and the intern participate by assisting in planning, organizing and running it. Overall, the internship will give you a great feel for the inter-workings of an Indian Winery and the delicate task of marketing a wine label. One must be open-minded and enjoy working with a team. Indian wine market is unique and very challenging, it is very important for the intern to be able to be ready for this challenge.
The first three months will be training with Miloud Mezouaghi originally from Bordeaux and one of the Indian wine market experts in Bangalore. Based in south-India, Miloud benefits from an incredible network and a rich work experience in the Indian Wine Industry. He will be guiding you on the tricks of the trade.
At the end of the internship, one will have the opportunity to assess skill progress thanks to an evaluation held by eka in connection with Alpine Wineries and Miloud.
Skills and experience required
• Graduates in the related subject/having good experience in the field
• Technical knowledge in marketing tools and web designing skills (optional).
• Self motivated and be professional in approaching the task given
• Able to bring in innovative ideas and being able to realize them on field
• Be open to different and demanding working culture, learn and adapt to it fast
• Identify optimal consumer target and brand positioning.
• Gather information on competitors, prices, sales and methods of marketing and distribution.
• Use survey results to create a marketing campaign based on regional preferences and buying habits.
• Assistance in developing and updating web content, design (optional)
• Web Marketing and campaigning
• Gather data on competitors and analyse their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
• Collect and analyse data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
• Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communication programs and strategies- periodically
• Identify distributors in India and other countries.
• Assist in organizing marketing/promotion activities like wine tasting events/seminars, etc.
• Door to door marketing with high end restaurants, shops, etc.
• Oversee, organize and participate in all social media communications, including wineries blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Benefits for Interns
• Unique opportunity to be part of the core team, which is going to start the marketing of the new up coming, state of the art wine company.
• To have free hand in bringing ones own ideas and have freedom to try it our in the field.
• To take advantage of a new booming wine market. This experience will be an exploration: the reactions of the market can be different from what one have learned.
• To travel, do research and marketing throughout India
Alpine Wineries will deliver a certification at the end of the internship
Benefit for the company
• The company would benefit by opening its doors to an international intern, to bring in fresh, modern and innovative ideas to develop an international marketing strategy and also, implement it.
• Interns will help the marketing team in getting an insight on European standard business practices.
Rupees 18,000 per month. This comes to around 300 Euro at current conversion rate. Food and accommodation provided and the company covers all work related travel.
How to Apply: Send resumes to email@example.com