Internship in Accounting / Finance / Customer Service at Jp Garden Preserves Pvt Ltd
Jp Garden Preserves Pvt Ltd, a social business located in Chennai, India produces and retails high quality jam for luxury hotels such as Hyatt Hotel in Chennai and other specialized retailers in Puduchery and Bangalore. The company was launched in 2008 in Chennai, India with the vision that business profits may be entirely dedicated to poverty alleviation instead of using them to increase shareholder’s equity and company’s valuation. This vision forms a major breakthrough in a century whereby businesses main objective is to financially thrive in an increasingly competitive environment. Hence, Garden Delight developed a partnership with Irudaya Niketan Trust, an NGO dedicated to education and exclusion, so as to devote its entire profits for the Trust’s current social project .This business is also a good opportunity to provide employment for the nearby poor villages.
Irudaya Niketan Trust was Founded in 1994 in Bangalore in order to give service to all sections of society who are economically, socially, culturally deprived, including children who are abandoned, youth looking for direction in life and all people without distinction of caste, colour, creed, language or sex, who are in need of compassion and human services at any stage of their life.
JP Garden Preserves PVt Ltd is looking for a highly motivated, effective intern in Accounting and General Management with an interest in working in a fast-paced multicultural environment in India.
Position Specific responsibilities:
– Entering daily journal ledgers in Tally ERP Accounting software, including tracking stocks flows, Cash flows, valuating inventory, building income Statements and Balance sheet in collaboration with auditing firms.
– Management Control Coordinator : undertake management control activities through cost and budget evaluation and margins calculation to improve the decision making process and various negotiations with retailers
– Responsibilities include maintaining a high level of client satisfaction through effective project management, strategic communications, and excellent customer service.
– Fundraising Management: communication with Indian Companies to present Irudaya Niketan NGO’s Social project and collect funds for the benefit of those projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
-Strong customer relationship management skills
-Knowledge in general Accounting: Concentration/ Major in Accounting preferred, although an introduction to General Accounting Class could be sufficient.
-Comfortable in learning a new accounting software
-Thorough interest in the Social Business Industry and the Non Profit sector. A concentration in Social Business or a minor/major in International Development Studies would be an asset.
-Self-motivated and keen to demonstrate initiative
-Strong verbal and written communication skills
-Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
-Attention to detail, analytical and strong organizational skills
– Willingness and desire to learn and contribute beyond basic responsibilities
-Adaptable team player, and ability to balance between creativity and analysis
-Must possess a strong and dedicated work ethic
-Eager and willing to overcome challenges
-Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and multicultural environment
How To Apply:
Send Cover letter and Resume to the Following address : firstname.lastname@example.org