PHP Web Development Internship 2012 in Mumbai with Careerise
Job Title: PHP Web Development Intern
Job Location: Central Suburbs, Mumbai. Candidates outside Mumbai, should only apply if they are surely willing to relocate.
Stipend: INR 5,000/- per month
Company Name: Careerise
Internship Overview: A Client of Careerise is looking for interns who are passionate about programming for a full-time 6-month web development internship in PHP, involving the LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) stack. Interns will be working on open-source MVC Frameworks such as Zend Framework, CodeIgniter etc. along with Popular open source CMS and eCommerce platforms.
Company Profile: A pureplay technology startup which focuses on open source development. The company is committed to provide high end web development services to its clients across the world, who hail from diverse geographies such as the US, UK, Europe, Australia, Middle East etc.
Interns are selected through a rigorous process of written test, followed by a telephonic interview and/or up to 2 rounds of face-to-face interviews.
Selected candidates get -
- Exposure to cuttting-edge web technologies including the LAMP stack, MVC Frameworks and popular web CMS and eCommerce platforms
- Exposure to best practices in programming using Agile Methodology involving elements such a Versioning Repository integrated with a superior Issue tracking system and automated testing environment
- Thorough understanding of popular open source CMSes such as WordPress and eCommerce platforms such as Magento etc. along with opportunities to extend these systems via plugins and extensions
- Involvement in the entire product development/campaign life cycle, from idea/requierements to implementation
- Opportunity to perform multiple roles right from analysis to programming and testing. In fact, if you show promise, you’ll also be invited to participate in architecting products/campaigns.
Company’s expectations from you:
- Sound fundamentals of object oriented programming, data structures, databases, computer networking and operating systems
- Conceptual clarity as well as hands-on experience in at least one programming/scripting language – C/C++/Java/C#/VB/JSP/ASP/PHP/Perl etc.
- Knowledge of web application architecture such as web server, middleware/scripts etc. For e.g. LAMP/WAMP
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of the MVC architecture
- Familiarity with the open source development model
- Candidates who are experts in PHP/SQL stand a very high chance of getting selected.
Desired Profile: Fresh passout or Final year graduate intern (MCA or equivalent)
Education: MCA/B.E./B. Tech/M.Sc./MCS or an equivalent graduate from any college/university in India. Candidates applying from outside Mumbai, should be willing to relocate.
Experience: Intern/Fresh Graduate
Duration of Internship: Full-time, 6 months
Final Placements: Candidates who perform really well during the internship will be offered final placements at the end of internship tenure with compensation matching/exceeding the biggest technology companies in India.
How to Apply: Mail your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of all your projects and experience and give a special mention to all your assignments which were not part of your academic curriculum.