Web Development Internship Opportunity with Yogibear Entertainments Pvt. Ltd.
Job Title: Web Developer
Job Location: Online
Stipend: Payment based on completion of project and amount of work done by individual. Compensation details given below.
Company Name: Yogibear Entertainments Pvt. Ltd. (Company name to change soon so if possible leave this out, this is the company for legal and financial purposes at the moment).
Duration of Internship: 6 – 18 months
How to Apply: Send an email to email@example.com with your resume. Selected applicants will be interviewed via phone or skype.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Pursuing or Completed)
Experience: Developed at least one dynamic website or app. App maybe for facebook, android or iOS.
Alternatively, developed at least one static website and have knowledge of databases and programming through college or other courses.
This project is for a startup company based in Hyderabad, India. The founding duo consists of young and energetic yet experienced professionals. Having held multiple positions in both online tutoring industry and having a combined portfolio of over 10 websites, they are well posed to lead the development of this website. Through their combined experience and insight, they are confident that they can create a better experience for students and tutors and enhance online tutoring capabilities. Leveraging the advantage of starting from a position of experience and having the ability to introduce the concept to new consumers and markets, the company is bound to succeed and has been able to garner interest among investors.
Required to create a professional and dynamic website that will facilitate the interaction between mentors, tutors and students similar to tutor.com. Both website designers and developers are required for the same. Some of the features that will be required to complete the website include integration of virtual classrooms, multiple login systems, integration of PayPal or Google checkout etc. This is an excellent opportunity for both experienced and new website developers and designers.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Tutoring Website Developer/Designer Application Submission”. Based on the resumes, candidates will be called for a phone interview / online interview depending on location. The deadline for completing the selection of candidates and starting work on the project is January 30th, 2012. Please note that this is an online position and requires that the applicant be able to work from a home.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
• Experienced in developing at least one dynamic website or one static website and has experience in a common computer language such as C, C++, JAVA, etc. (Please mention the website in the resume or cover letter).
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and oral
• Access to software such as Eclipse and Adobe Dreamweaver
• Reliable Internet Connection
• The largest contributors in each team are likely to be offered a more permanent position in the company at the end of the project i.e. 2-3 months prior to launch.
• Work done by each individual is tracked. Upon successful completion of the project, each individual’s work is evaluated and compensated a monetary amount accordingly.
• Each developer’s details will be made available on the website through a link in the footer of the page. Reference letters will be provided on request.
• Estimated that the website will be developed over a period of 6-12 months
• Multiple teams and individuals will be involved in the development of the project
• Mentorship and guidance will be provided throughout the project
• Ample time will be provided to learn languages and other tools required for the project
• It is strongly recommended that a gmail account dedicated to this project is created and monitored regularly. The primary forms of communication will be:
o Instant Messaging through gtalk
o Audio and conference calls through gtalk and webex/wiziq respectively.
More specific details of the project will be disclosed to selected candidates.