Development Channel announces one-month Certificate programme in Development Journalism
i-CORD in association with Development Channel organizes a 30-day ‘Certificate Programme on Development Journalism’ from mid June to mid July 16 2011.
Duration: mid June to mid July 16 2011.
- Expert sessions on major development issues
- Training on Journalism: Reporting an Editing
- On-the-job training
- Meet the Leader Programme
Experts and speakers
1. Rajdeep Sardesai: Editor-in-Chief, CNN IBN
2. Vijai Trivedi: Consulting Editor, NDTV
3. A K Tiwari: Director, PIB-Rural Development Ministry
4. Binoy Job: Director, Prime Minister’s Office
5. Ravish Kumar: Senior Editor, NDTV India
6. Pallavi Ghosh: Chief Political Correspondant, CNN IBN
7. Pankaj Pachauri: Managing Editor, NDTV
8. Nidhi Kulpati: Associate Editor, NDTV
9. Rohit Kansal: Director, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
10. Bilal Zaidi: Anchor/Correspondent NewsX
11. Sanket Upadhyay: Anchor/Correspondent Times Now
12. Alok Pandey: Kolkata, Patna Correspondent NDTV
13. Kashmir Singh IPS: Jt secy MHA
14. Pushpendra Singh: Grassroot Activist
15. Manish Sethi: Lecturer, Jamia Millia, Convenor
16. Prashant Negi: Lecturer, Jamia Millia
17. Prof GH Zaidi: HoD, Applied Arts, Jamia Millia
- Issues of Sectarian crisis and Inclusive reportage
- Minority issues
- The Development vs Law and Order debate in the Naxal corridor
- Land and Agrarian reforms
- Solidarity Group Understanding Exclusion and Urban Ghettoisation
- Concepts of Social Exclusion
- Techniques – Understanding Photography
Any candidate under the age of 25 who is interested in Development Journalism can apply
How to apply?
Interested candidates can send their CV to email@example.com
www.developmentchannel.org is a not-for-profit, web based media organisation focussing on development and social issues. We provide development news, news from rural areas, information that are useful to citizens etc.
It is a first-of-its kind of institute for Development Journalism. I-CORD is initiated by mainstream journalists to bring social change through media. It is under the aegis of Development Channel.