Marketing Internship – French MNC – Somfy India Pvt Ltd

Date : May 2011

Duration: 3 Months

Stipend: 5,000 INR/month

Disciplinary Manager: Marketing Manager

Description of the company

Somfy Group
With 40 years of experience, Somfy is the world leader in automatic controls for openings and closures for homes and commercial buildings.

Driven by a culture of innovation, Somfy designs and develops solutions for economical, eco-friendly buildings, always offering greater comfort, for a safe and simple life. Somfy solutions only let the best of the climate inside, and make a scientifically recognised contribution to energy savings in buildings.

Sustainability is an essential element for Somfy strategy. “For a better home in a better planet” is Somfy Foundation’s new baseline and the Foundation works with international partners such as the NGO Emergency Architects to support humanitarian projects linked to buildings. The Group is also developing a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) concept following their carbon footprint to reduce the company’s greenhouse gas emissions.

Key figures

• Turnover 852 M€ in 2010
• Average age: 39
• More than 50 nationalities

International presence

• 54 countries
• 54 subsidiaries

Somfy India is an 100% owned subsidiary of Somfy SAS, based for the distribution and marketing of Somfy solutions in South Asia. Based in New Delhi, the company has also 2 branches in Mumbai and Bangalore.

Purpose and main missions of internship :

Complete the annual customer satisfaction survey
Get the most of responses through phoning
Collect the data in an organized way
Analyse the data to give relevant inputs for the company

Update the Website with the implementation of the eproduct database
The E-product database is an essential step in the upgrade of our website.
The intern will have to upload the different modules on the website to allow the creation of a new B2B Website
Update the B2C Website with the latest product Launches, updates of partnership
Strengthening the positioning of the website on the Internet

Support the marketing activity in various aspects
Support the marketing team in specific projects: communication actions, exhibitions, etc.

Required qualifications, experience, qualities:
 Student pursuing studies in business / marketing field (undergraduate/MBA)
No previous experience required
Fluent English to be able to communicate with customers
Organization skills to lead the two main missions together, and be able to complete both tasks

12 Responses to “Marketing Internship – French MNC – Somfy India Pvt Ltd”

1. Sonia says:

I”m pursuing MBA from M.I.T (Dehradun). i would like to do summer training from your company. i am in 2nd sem and will take marketing as a specialization. i hope my this internship in your company will prove as a stepping stone in my career path and i will try my best to contribute best of my skills n knowledge in your organizational goals.
    hoping for soon reply
    sonia patwal

2. Prem Shankar Anand says:

dear sir,
    my name is prem shankar anand, i am pursuing MBA (MARKETING) from PUNJAB TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY. it is my 3rd semester . i am searching for summer internship programme. please contact me through mail as i mentioned it above.
    prem shankar anand

3. prashant kumar says:

gudmorning sir/mam
    I prashant kumar, pursuing mba in marketing, looking for summer internship and want to do training in your org.
    kindly reply me, on my id

4. protim chakravorty says:

hi iam interested in ur company pls forward me the dates of interview

5. Ms. N Dhatrpriya says:

I am completing my 6th semester in Production and Industrial Engineering at Delhi College of Engineering, I am interested in two months internship at your organisation. I am likely to do my MBA program after graduating. This summer internship will be very valuable for me to get admission at a good univeristy. I shall appreciate if you can allow me to do internship during June and July, 2011.

Ms. N. Dhatrpriya

6. Stuti Sinha Chowdhury says:

I am pursuing B.A. Program in Advertising, Sales Promotion and Sales Management from Kamala Nehru College, Delhi University. Presently I am in the first year. I would like to do summer training from your company. I am interested in one months internship at your organisation. This summer internship will be very valuable for me to get admission at a good university. I would try my best and contribute the most I have. You can contact me on the above given e-mail id.
    thanking you
    yours faithfully
    Stuti Sinha Chowdhury

7. bhagwan waghmare says:

gudmorning sir/mam
    I bhagwan waghmare, pursuing mba in marketing, looking for summer internship and want to do training in your org.
    kindly reply me, on my id

8. Kamlesh says:

This is Kamlesh Yadav.

I am doing MBA (Marketing) from IBSAR (Institute of Business Studies & Research), Navi Mumbai.

I am interested in doing Internship in your organization.

9. Jayesh says:

I am pursuing MBA – Marketing from Mumbai University, SASMIRA Intsitute of research and Management, Worli.
    I have completed my B.E Mechanical from Pune university and also have two years of experience in Production at ATLAS COPCO, NASIK.
    So looking forward to use my skills and do my best for the benfits of the organisation.
    Looking forward for a positive reply .

10. dingshungam gonmei says:

i am gonmei doing mba in iipm( indian institute of planning and management) want to do my internship in your i will be very happy if u let me know more about the criteria to get in your company. waiting to hear from you sir.
    thank you.

11. Dear Sir,

I am a student of IILM, Gurgaon. I have completed my first year at the institute.

I am looking for an Internship plus Job in Marketing and Sales/ Market Research.

Kindly communicate me asap if there is any opening.

Thanks & Regards,
    Manas Temurnikar
    IILM, Gurgaon

12. vishnupriya says:

im priya pursuing mba in bangalore looking for marketing internship in media sir if is there any possibilities call me plzzz

Thanks & Regards