Shatayu an NGO in Ahmedabad is looking for a Content writer
Organization Profile: Shatayu a non profit organization, is an organ donation awareness initiative by Govindbhai C. Patel Foundation. The organization works to dispel all the doubts and myths regarding organ and tissue donation, through awareness and educational campaigns. It educates people about the importance of organ donation and motivates people to pledge for the same.
Organization Name: Shatayu
Job Location : Ahmedabad
Stipend: Decent, depending upon performance and experience.
Duration: Minimum one month. (Extendable)
Education: As per requirements.
- Should have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Should be good with words and must have flair for writing.
- Should have a keen interest in news, current affairs, business and people.
- Being accurate with spellings, grammar and punctuation is a must.
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Should have the ability to grasp complex issues quickly and explain them in simple, concise language.
- The interested candidate must possess resilience, determination, flexibility, persistence and motivation.
Should possess or should be pursuing anyone of the below :
- A Masters Degree in English Literature or
- A Degree in Mass Media and Communication or
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism from a reputed institute or
- An excellent academic track record will be preferred.
- Write stories with accuracy, speed and independence, in accordance with Shatayu’s principles and operating standards.
- Identify market-moving figures and comments from sources including electronic news releases, conference calls, webcasts, conferences, and produce news items based on them.
- Build and maintain a set of contacts and sources.
- Develop expertise and knowledge in relevant areas of sector specialization through research, networking with specialist reporters in other online newsletters etc.
- Co-ordinate, discuss and collate relevant content.
- Organize content into various heads or categories.
- Interview & leverage these interviews to the maximum benefit of the organization.
- Research for the interviews and articles on the newsletter.
- Work in sync with the Operational head and the CEO to get support to connect with the concerned in the industry to assist in the research.
- Push through various topics suitable to the newsletter & skew it to the advantage of the organization by garnering the support of authoritative speaking heads (Doctors, Transplant surgeons, etc.) These viewpoints then need to be fleshed out as comprehensive news stories and articles.
- Will also be responsible for co-ordinating guest interviews & connecting with the concerned to get important quotes and comments to support the top stories.
- Relation – Building exercise within the health industry to establish an excellent rapport.
- Build relations with various PR organisations, PRESS and the MEDIA.
If interested, kindly send your resume immediately to