Summer Internship 2011 for B.E. / B. Tech. / MBA / PGDM/ MCA Students in Toronto, Canada (for students from India)
Business Research & Service Institute – BRASI, has specialized training centers in USA and Canada managed by the highly qualified and experienced industry professionals who conduct top quality globally recognized corporate training and certification programs in Supply Chain & Logistics and Project Management, SCM Software Users courses with ERP, SAP access along with English Communication & Leadership skills development in line with latest industry practices and business concepts. Detailed information of BRASI is available on www.brasi.org
BRASI’s Canada center located in the picturesque city of Toronto has dextrously designed a ‘Resident Six Weeks Summer Internship Program’ for the students of Engineering and Management. This combines the benefits of industrial training, project work, certification, sightseeing and an international experience with visit to the State-of-Art plants e.g. Honda, Toyota, Castrol or Rubbermaid in the province of Ontario known as the Powerhouse of Canada.
The candidates would get an exposure to the application and practice of ERP, SCM and IT in corporate world with the latest operational tools such as Lean, TQM, JIT and Six Sigma. During the pre and post tour Q&A sessions with the plant officers and BRASI professionals, the candidates will get the chance to know the opportunities with the global industries in Canada & USA.
The internship will provide worldwide employment and better job prospects with opportunities for higher studies at Canada to the following:
1. Students who have completed third year of B. Tech. or BE or MCA and have basic understanding of common engineering subjects OR
2. Students who have completed first year of MBA or PGDM and have understanding of basic management functions OR
3. Any candidate interested in ERP, IT, Operation, Supply Chain & Logistic Management with degree in management, engineering, commerce or computers.
4. All candidates are expected to know the use of a laptop, computer, and Internet and software access during the classroom training and practical assignment sessions.
1. Class Room Training of 80 hours & Projects of additional 80 hours include:
a. Supply Chain & Logistics Management
b. ERP / SAP Software training and practice
c. Project Work / Case Study
d. English Communication & Leadership Skills
Depending on the interest of the candidates projects will be assigned under the guidance of industry experts, which will be completed during project & assignment sessions of 80 hours.
2. Plant Visits: Candidates get to see in action supply chain innovations in practice, Lean, Total Quality Management, Just-in-Time and Six-sigma. Number of plant visits will be subject to scheduled tours.
3. Sightseeing: in and around the Greater Toronto Area, including day visit to Niagara Falls and a cruise in the Thousand Islands region.
4. Certifications and Awards:
a. Certificate of Summer Internship Training in Canada will be awarded to all candidates.
b. Certificate of Excellence will be awarded to all candidates upon the submission and evaluation of their Project work.
Interactive learning of concepts and practices associated with Supply Chain Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, applications of IT tools in industries, reviews, case studies and quizzes. Also included will be the Human Side of Lean, Leadership and Change Management. The candidate can visit the various top Universities/Institutes in Toronto to secure admission and scholarship for higher studies in Canada.
ARRANGEMENTS BY BRASI:
- Course Material – including books and online access
- Furnished accommodation in Toronto on a sharing basis
- Local transport (excluding personal travel)
- Pick-up and Drop at the Airport
- Orientation session
- Refreshments during classroom breaks
- Wi-Fi High Speed Internet access in the classroom and practical sessions
- Day trip to Niagara Falls including meal and refreshment
- Day trip to Thousand Islands Cruise
- Toronto Sightseeing tour
- Coin operated Laundry machines on site
- Shopping and local area guidance
- 24 hrs emergency assistance
ARRANGEMENT BY CANDIDATE/LOCAL ASSOCIATE:
- VISA submission and related fees
- Return Airfare – BRASI will negotiate with the Air Line for student concession
- Travel and Health Insurance – must for each student
- Personal effects, shopping, etc.
- Meals not covered however cooking and catering facility available
- Any other expense of personal nature.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE: Six weeks during June to July 2011
The institute has to sponsor and indemnify about the good conduct of the participant and forward the candidates’ profile by end November 2010. BRASI will extend Visa invitation by end January 2011. Participant will apply for Visa by end February 2011. The institute/ candidates have to remit registration fee by end April 2011 for fixing the accommodation and other arrangements.
PROGRAM FEES: USD 4200 per candidate
Interestes Candidates to apply can send their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org