Music2Deal Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai is a wholly owned subsidiary of its German parent
Music2Deal Worldwide. With local representations in more than 30 countries across the world, employing 250 professionals, Music2Deal head quartered in Hamburg, Germany, is a highly evolved online networking platform & a marketplace for the music industry professionals across the world.
With over 90% market-share and US$2.1 million in revenues, Music2Deal is the world’s
largest internet platform which enables artists, managers, producers, publishers & record
labels to communicate with each other and sign deals.
Music Business News (MbN) is an independent e-newsletter initiated by Music2Deal.
Poised to be circulated to over 45000 subscribers across the world, MbN, will be India’s
first truly global music business newsletter.
- Position: Correspondent
- Location: Music2Deal Office, Borivli West, Mumbai
- Essential Requirement: The interested candidate should be passionate about music
- Preference: Highly motivated female candidates
How To Apply:
- Interested Candidates can send their resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Should be good with words and must have flair for writing.
- Should have a keen interest in news, current affairs, business and people.
- Being accurate with spellings, grammar and punctuation is a must.
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Should have the ability to grasp complex issues quickly and explain them in simple,
- concise language.
- The interested candidate must possess resilience, determination, flexibility, persistence and motivation.
- A Masters Degree in English Literature or
- A Degree in Mass Media and Communication or
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism from a reputed institute
- An excellent academic track record will be preferred.
- Becoming a part of a real-time news reporting operation producing headlines, stories and tables based on corporate announcements from music and music related companies in the Asia Pacific.
- Write stories with accuracy, speed and independence, in accordance with Music2Deal principles and operating standards.
- Identify market-moving figures and comments from sources including electronic news releases, conference calls, webcasts, conferences, and produce news items based on them.
- Build and maintain a set of contacts and sources.
- Manage news coordination with the operational head, content partners and content managers in Germany.
- Develop expertise and knowledge in relevant areas of sector specialization through research, networking with specialist reporters in other online newsletters etc.
- Co-ordinate, discuss and collate relevant content.
- Organize content into various heads or categories.
- Interview & leverage these interviews to the maximum benefit of the organization.
- Research for the interviews and articles on the newsletter.
- Work in sync with the Operational head and the MD to get support to connect with the concerned in the industry to assist in the research.
- Push through various topics suitable to the newsletter & skew it to the advantage of the organization by garnering the support of authoritative speaking heads (music head honchos, policy makers, etc.) These viewpoints then need to be fleshed out as comprehensive news stories and articles.
- Will also be responsible for co-ordinating guest interviews & connecting with the concerned to get important quotes and comments to support the top stories.
- Relation – Building exercise within the music industry to establish an excellent rapport.
- Build relations with various PR organisations, PRESS and the MEDIA.
- Familiarity with current affairs
- A proactive approach to finding things out
- Good research skills
- Determination and Persistence
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- A demonstrable interest and passion for music