Music2Deal Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai is a wholly owned subsidiary of its German parent
Music2Deal Worldwide. With local representations in more than 30 countries across the world, employing 250 professionals, Music2Deal head quartered in Hamburg, Germany, is a highly evolved online networking platform & a marketplace for the music industry professionals across the world.
With over 90% market-share and US$2.1 million in revenues, Music2Deal is the world’s
largest internet platform which enables artists, managers, producers, publishers & record
labels to communicate with each other and sign deals. Music Business News (MbN) is an independent e-newsletter initiated by Music2Deal. Poised to be circulated to over 45000 subscribers across the world, MbN, will be India’s first truly global music business newsletter.
- Position: Sr. Correspondent
- Location: Music2Deal Office, Mumbai
- Essential Requirement: The interested candidate should be passionate about music
- Preference: Highly motivated female candidates
- Experience: A minimum of 2 to 3 years in PRINT or ONLINE
- Interested candidates must mail their CV’s alongwith a recent passport size photograph to
- Should have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Should be good with words and must have flair for writing.
- Should have a keen interest in news, current affairs, business and people.
- Being accurate with spellings, grammar and punctuation is a must.
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Should have the ability to grasp complex issues quickly and explain them in simple, concise language.
- The interested candidate must possess resilience, determination, flexibility, persistence and motivation.
- Most importantly should be able to lead a team of reporters and corespondents.
- A Masters Degree in English Literature or
- A Degree in Mass Media and Communication or
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism from a reputed institute
- An excellent academic track record will be preferred.
- Lead a team of reporters and correspondents
- Becoming a part of a real-time news reporting operation producing headlines,
- stories and tables based on corporate announcements from
- music and music related companies in the Asia Pacific.
- Write stories with accuracy, speed and independence, in accordance with
- Music2Deal principles and operating standards.
- Identify market-moving figures and comments from sources including electronic
- news releases, conference calls, webcasts, conferences, and produce news items
- based on them.
- Build and maintain a set of contacts and sources.
- Manage news coordination with the operational head, content partners and content
- managers in Germany.
- Develop expertise and knowledge in relevant areas of sector specialization through
- research, networking with specialist reporters in other online newsletters etc.
- Co-ordinate, discuss and collate relevant content.
- Organize content into various heads or categories.
- Interview & leverage these interviews to the maximum benefit of the organization.
- Research for the interviews and articles on the newsletter.
- Work in sync with the Operational head and the MD to get support to connect with
- the concerned in the industry to assist in the research.
- Push through various topics suitable to the newsletter & skew it to the advantage of
- the organization by garnering the support of authoritative speaking heads (music
- head honchos, policy makers, etc.) These viewpoints then need to be fleshed out
- as comprehensive news stories and articles.
- Will also be responsible for co-ordinating guest interviews & connecting with the
- concerned to get important quotes and comments to support the top stories.
- Relation – Building exercise within the music industry to establish an excellent
- Build relations with various PR organisations, PRESS and the MEDIA.
- Familiarity with current affairs
- A proactive approach to finding things out
- Good research skills
- Determination and Persistence
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- A demonstrable interest and passion for music