Summer Internship in the Department of Electronics & Computer Engineering, IIT Roorkee. The Department of Electronics & Computer Engineering, IIT Roorkee invites Applications from students of Govt. / Govt. funded Engineering colleges only, for 6-8 weeks Summer Internship, starting June 1, 2010. Some internships will be funded by Microsoft Research Lab. India Pvt. Ltd., under its Rx Lab. Program.
Duration: 6-8 weeks
Starting Date: June 1, 2010
The Eligibility and Selection procedure are given below:
1. Students studying for a B.Tech. degree in CS/IT or those in EE/ECE/Math whose work intersects with CS, may apply for the Microsoft scholarship, by sending their CV and a write up about their past and proposed work. B. Tech. III year students will be given preference, but B. Tech. II year students may also apply. B.Tech. CS/ECE/IT students of III year only will be considered for Internship without the scholarship.
2. Selection will be made based on a Merit list prepared using the CGPA / marks and the write up, as given above.
3. Upto eight students may be selected for the Internship (subject to availability of faculty). A maximum of five eligible students from the merit list will be awarded the Microsoft scholarship. The other students, if any, in the list, may take the training without the scholarship, if they so desire.
4. All students selected for the internship will be required to deposit Rs. 5,000 per month with the Institute. All expenses, including travel and accommodation, will have to be borne by the students themselves. A limited number of rooms will be made available in the campus for accommodation.
5. Students who are awarded the Microsoft scholarship will be given a scholarship of Rs. 10,000.
6. The last date for receiving applications is 28th Feb. 2010.
7. Applications on plain paper are to be sent by post to the following address, by marking ‘Summer Internship’ on the envelope:
Dr. SN Sinha
Prof. & Head
Department of Electronics & Computer Engineering,
IIT Roorkee, Roorkee -247667, Uttarakhand.