Internship Opportunities in Development Journalism at New Delhi

Development Channel is offering Journalism internships for college students, www.developmentchannel.org is a not-for-profit, web based media organisation initiated by journalists. We are focussing on development issues and social issues and we won’t be covering sensational news, inter-party & intra-party politics, film, cricket etc. Our focus areas are issues that matters to people and issues raised by political parties/ organisations/ Government that affects the life of common citizen.

• Qualification: Graduation/ Post Graduation
  • Duration: Minimum one month
  • Location: New Delhi

Desired intern profile:

• Development Channel is a portal which provides news on social and development issues. Thus, it is a must that the candidates should be interested in development journalism
  • Candidates must have a good command over English
  • Students from any University (Graduation/Post Graduation) are eligible for the internship
  • Internship is being held at our Delhi office, hence preference will be given to students based in Delhi

Selection process

• Interested candidates may send their resume to: developmentchannel@indianinternship.com
  • Shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview
  • Internship letters will be given after completing minimum 4 weeks

Contact Details:

Company: Development Channel
Website: www.developmentchannel.org
Address: C-49, Kalkaji, New Delhi
Phone: 011-46120643
Contact Person: Ms Dhanya Thomas
Email: developmentchannel@indianinternship.com ( Send your resumes to this Email-Id)

1. arpitta

on May 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm - Reply

dear ma'am…

can undergraduates also apply for internship or is it strictly for graduates/post graduates?

• debojyoti roy

on September 27, 2010 at 2:48 pm - Reply

sir I am a student of journelism 2nd year , I wanted to know, whethere any facelity is there for intership( project on advertising & PR) in the month of december. I may kindly be intimated. thanking you. ,

2. arpitta

on May 6, 2010 at 7:12 pm - Reply

ma'am…
    can undergraduates also apply or is it only restricted to postgraduates and graduates?

3. Saveri Kulshresth

on November 6, 2010 at 5:20 pm - Reply

I am an undergraduate in Student who has interned previously for Times of India. Please let me know if the program is willing to accept undergraduates as well.

4. Sonakshi Pandit

on February 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm - Reply

Dear Madam,

I am student of Ist year Mass Communication ,I have to go for internship in Apr-May 2011
    for 4-6 weeks. Please intimate me whether you take undergraudate or not for training

5. MD SHAFAQUE ALAM

on April 8, 2011 at 3:07 pm - Reply

Ma’m
    I am doing MA in Media Governance from Jamia Millia Islamia. I am to appear in 2nd Semester examination in first week of May. Then I have 45 days left before the university resumes functioning. I want to use this time to intern and learn the atticates of journalism with Development Channel as the programme offered by you interest me much and the place where i live is close to Kalkaji.
    I have been writing in several magazines, newspapers and webportals for the last one and a half years focusing on social and political issues.
    Hence, I request you to kindly consider my application and oblige.

Thanking you

6. priya

on January 26, 2015 at 2:52 pm - Reply

dear ma’am
    i am a student of bachelor in journalism in 1st year. i want to learn something.cn i apply for this?

7. MOHD. JUNAID

on August 1, 2015 at 5:56 pm - Reply

Sir i want internship in news channels…