Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB Hyderabad)has advertised for CCMB Summer Training Program for Students who are admitted in a Master’ program (MSc) in year 2009 or BTech. (4yr) program in 2007 – open to all Indian universities. Students of all branches of sciences can apply even Computer science students with flair for biology may also apply.
The training program is open to all branches of sciences and open to all Indian universities.
Only the Students who are admitted in a Master’ program (MSc) in year 2009 or BTech.(4yr) program in 2007 can apply; MTech students are not eligible. Computer science students with flair for biology may also apply.
- The program is for duration of 60 days (~eight weeks) in the months of May-July ‘ 2010.
- Last date of Applications receipt in CCMB: FIRST FRIDAY of February 2010.
Hoisting of selected candidate’s LIST on CCMB homepage Between 10-15, April 2010
(No separate letter of intimation would be sent from CCMB to any candidate/applicant)
Last date for selected candidates to inform their Acceptance to CCMB/Program Ccoordinator 20th April 2010
Tentative dates to join CCMB/ the program 12-15th May 2010
(no one would be allowed to join after 20th May under any circumstance)
Each selected candidate/trainee will be assigned to a CCMB staff scientist, and he/she is expected to execute a small project work under the guidance of the scientist. At the end of the program the each trainee would need to submit a ‘Project Report’ of the work done, and also would be required to make an oral presentation.
A committee nominated by the Director, CCMB, selects the trainees. ‘Statement of purpose’ and the ‘Recommendation/reference Letter’ are important considerations in the selection of candidates along with the academic record. The number of trainees intake varies between 30- 45 candidates, and mainly depends upon the availability of bench space with different staff scientists of CCMB. On an average we receive ~1500 applications, of which only 2.5 – 3.0 % candidates make it to the program.
Application for the Summer Program 2010 can be down loaded (Zipped pdf file). Completed application (Hard copy) for the program MUST reach CCMB by the first Friday of February 2010. The names of the Selected candidates would be made available on CCMB homepage during the first week of April 2010 (here, it may be noted that no separate intimation would be sent to any candidate, and thus all applicants should look for the ‘selection list’ on CCMB homepage only).
CCMB will not provide any financial support for lodging and boarding. All the selected candidates are required to self-finance their stay in CCMB/Hyderabad. Further, the candidates would also need to make their own arrangement for stay in Hyderabad.
Important points to note
– As is evident from our experience in earlier years, the competition is very high for the few available seats with an average chance of selection being in the range of only 2.5 – 3.0 %.
– Applications for Summer program 2010 MUST be submitted as a hard copy. The application incomplete in any respect will be rejected/not considered.
– Requests/applications for the program sent prior to this notification will not be considered. Any such candidate must apply again using the prescribed application form.
– Statement of purpose, recommendation and the marks are taken into consideration while selection of candidates in addition to the other criteria of the Centre.
– There if no fee for the training program.
– Selected candidates have to bear their boarding/lodging expenditure during the 60-day stay at CCMB.
– The decision of the Centre in regard to the selection of candidates shall be final.
– Canvassing in any form and /or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
– All candidates selected for the program would need to spend a minimum period of 60 days in CCMB without any break. This is one of the most important requirement and accordingly, all candidates need to furnish a certificate from the Head of the Department/Competent authority of the college/institute to this effect (see the Application form) for instructions.
Mailing address for application:
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad 500007 (AP)
(Please mention on top of the envelope “Application for Summer Training 2010”).
It may be noted that the CCMB would not be responsible for any omission of name from the list of applicants that may result from ‘Loss/Delayed receipt’ of applications due to postal mishandling/loss/delay.