How to apply:
Please check the link to apply: https://ey.taleo.net/careersection/gexp01/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=406828&src=JB-10820
Internship-Indirect Tax- Consultant:
* Assist in execution of engagements once the plan has bean laid out.
* Support the team on various Tax and Regulatory Compliance, Advisory and other initiatives.
Desired Intern profile:
Qualification: Chartered Accountant/ LLB.
Experience: 0-3 years of post qualification experience. Relevant Indirect tax experience during articleship or post qualification experience in Big 4/medium sized professional services firms.
Intern responsibilities and Deliverables:
1. Involved in drafting reports, proposals, finalising advices, opinions for clients.
2. Proactively identify technical problems and present potential solutions in the relevant service line/area of operation.
3. Responsible for identifying issues in various engagements and reporting the same to superiors.
4. Discuss basic technical issues, ask relevant questions, gather, collate and analyze information.
5. Responsible for review and research on technical issues.
6. Develop rapport with lower levels of client management and respond to client queries in a timely manner.
7. Assist in knowledge management: contribute information to knowledge sharing tools, share knowledge and experience via formal and informal methods.
8. Is aware of and sensitive to risk issues with reference to scope of work, level of responsibility, providing advice etc.
9. Implement continuous improvement in all aspects of functioning.
10. Build internal networks to understand Service line offerings and highlight potential opportunities to the team.
11. Supporting the team in managing an engagement efficiently and productively, by planning time and cost budgets, reporting time conflicts to superiors, contributing to improving internal systems and processes and timelines of billing and collection.
12. Supporting the team on Client / Service Line / Firm’s initiatives.
13. Occasionally given independent charge of small routine projects, under supervision of the manager.
14. Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations and begin to demonstrate the ability to effectively discharge supervisory responsibilities.