Global financial and consulting companies are back on IIM campuses for summer internship. Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan, McKinsey & Company, UBS and Boston Consulting Group are among the other financial majors who are back in hiring business at Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for summer internship season.

The summer placement season in IIMs begins in early November and the final placement lineup is also determined to some extent by summer internships. Most of the companies tend to make job offers depending on the candidates’ performance during the two month internship programs.

IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Ahemedabad, IIM Lucknow, IIM kozikode, and IIM Indore have seen a bullish trend in summer internships this year. According to reports more than 100 companies have confirmed their participation across the seven IIM campuses for selecting summer internees.

Some of the top companies at IIM summer internships include:

• Morgan Stanley
  • JPMorgan
  • McKinsey & Company
  • UBS
  • Boston Consulting Group
  • Hindustan Unilever (HUL)
  • Procter & Gamble

The signs are good and it seems many IIMs will have more than 60% track record of successful Pre Placement Offer (PPO).

How is the internship scene in your institute? Share the internship mahol at your college by writing in the comments below.

No comments to this article

1. Aravind

on November 5, 2009 at 9:12 am - Reply

The situation is as worst as last year and the placement scene is bad at my place as far I am concerned.

2. Web Master

on November 20, 2009 at 10:13 am - Reply

Aravind – The case mey be different for institutes other than IIT and IIMs. As you know it is the top down phenomenon and by time things get good in the 2nd and 3rd rank colleges it will be some time.

Which college you are from?

Admin

3. pavan agra

on March 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm - Reply

REQUESTING FOR SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME
    MARKETING
    HI SIR …..MYSELF PAVAN PRATAP SINGHI . I AM DOING MY PGDM =MBA PRAOGRAMME FROM IBSR UTTARAKHAND . IN MY COLLEGE SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME IS GOING ON EVRY STUDENT IS GOING IN COMPANIES THAT THEY ARE WANT TO BE JOIN . I AM ALSO LOOKING TO ENTER IN YOUR COMPANY .I HAD HEARD MORE THAN SUFFICIENT ABOUT YOUR COMPANY .I AM INTERESTED TO DO MY SUMMER TRAINING PROGRMME IN YOUR COMPANY . AND I KNOW IT’S A TOUGH TASK BUT IT IS NOTHING HARD IF YOU A RE WITH ME AND I AM HOPING YOU WILL AUTHRISED TO DO IT IN YOUR COMPANY ..I WILL VERY HAPPY AND GRACEFULL. SO SIR PLEASE DO ALL YOUR HIGH LEVEL EFFORT TO FULLFILL MY OBJECTIVES.I AM IN YOUR HANDS.

WITH HOPEFULL EYE SAND FROM THE BOTTAM OF MY HEART
    YOUR NEXT SUBORDINATE.
    PAVAN PRATAP SINGH
    Mo-9548747759
    Email- pavanpratap.ibs@gmail.com

4. shailendra

on March 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm - Reply

REQUESTING FOR SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME
    MARKETING
    HI SIR …..MYSELF MEENAKSHI . I AM DOING MY PGDM =MBA PRAOGRAMME FROM IBSR UTTARAKHAND . IN MY COLLEGE SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME IS GOING ON EVRY STUDENT IS GOING IN COMPANIES THAT THEY ARE WANT TO BE JOIN . I AM ALSO LOOKING TO ENTER IN YOUR COMPANY .I HAD HEARD MORE THAN SUFFICIENT ABOUT YOUR COMPANY .I AM INTERESTED TO DO MY SUMMER TRAINING PROGRMME IN YOUR COMPANY . AND I KNOW IT’S A TOUGH TASK BUT IT IS NOTHING HARD IF YOU A RE WITH ME AND I AM HOPING YOU WILL AUTHRISED TO DO IT IN YOUR COMPANY ..I WILL VERY HAPPY AND GRACEFULL. SO SIR PLEASE DO ALL YOUR HIGH LEVEL EFFORT TO FULLFILL MY OBJECTIVES.I AM IN YOUR HANDS.

WITH HOPEFULL EYE SAND FROM THE BOTTAM OF MY HEART
    YOUR NEXT SUBORDINATE.
    MEENAKSHI BHATNAGAR
    Mob.09359939119,09696599260
    Email- ibs.shailendra@gmail.com

5. shailendra

on March 21, 2010 at 12:53 pm - Reply

REQUESTING FOR SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME
    MARKETING
    HI SIR …..MYSELF SHAILENDRA KUMAR . I AM DOING MY PGDM =MBA PRAOGRAMME FROM IBSR UTTARAKHAND . IN MY COLLEGE SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME IS GOING ON EVRY STUDENT IS GOING IN COMPANIES THAT THEY ARE WANT TO BE JOIN . I AM ALSO LOOKING TO ENTER IN YOUR COMPANY .I HAD HEARD MORE THAN SUFFICIENT ABOUT YOUR COMPANY .I AM INTERESTED TO DO MY SUMMER TRAINING PROGRMME IN YOUR COMPANY . AND I KNOW IT’S A TOUGH TASK BUT IT IS NOTHING HARD IF YOU A RE WITH ME AND I AM HOPING YOU WILL AUTHRISED TO DO IT IN YOUR COMPANY ..I WILL VERY HAPPY AND GRACEFULL. SO SIR PLEASE DO ALL YOUR HIGH LEVEL EFFORT TO FULLFILL MY OBJECTIVES.I AM IN YOUR HANDS.

WITH HOPEFULL EYE SAND FROM THE BOTTAM OF MY HEART
    YOUR NEXT SUBORDINATE.
    (SHAILENDRA KUMAR
    Mob.09452174867,09696599260
    Email- ibs.shailendra@gmail.com

6. Bharathi

on April 20, 2010 at 3:30 am - Reply

Requesting for summer training program

Hi! I am Deva Arun Reddy. I am junior in Electrical and Computer Engineering in Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh. I am looking for 10 week internship in Delhi.
    Yours Sincerely
    Deva Arun Reddy
    D-1/25
    Rabindra Nagar
    New Delhi -110003

7. skyrocker

on April 28, 2010 at 12:01 pm - Reply

Hi

I am Moin Syed, currently pursuing MSc Management from Warwick Business School, UK. I am looking for internship in India. Do let me know if there are any openings.

Best Regards