How to get Summer Internship at Indian Investment Banks?

You want to know how to get Summer Internship at Indian Investment Banks? Many of the candidates persuing MBA in India and abroad are looking for doing internships and Indian IBs or Investment Banks. Just for example here is a post from Internet from someone deparately looking for help:

“I am currently pursuing an MBA from a Top 15 school in the US. I have about 7 yrs of IT experience, but no finance background. I would like to apply for Summer Associate positions in India for the 2010 summer, preferrably at good IB firms. I am not sure how to go about this process. Can someone help me understand the recruitment process in India? I will be in India during Dec-Jan this year, so I can attend personal interviews if need be. I am not sure how the market is and what I need to do to overcome my lack of finance and India experience. Please help.”

Getting intern positions at Investment banking firms is a no easy task. First of all they do not advertise and then if you approach directly they in 99% of cases show the door. The only way to find an intern position is through networking. You have network with people in industry and ask them to recommend you to right folks.

Networking guys is the key in getting IB intern positions not on in India but anywhere in world.

1. ALI ASGAR

on October 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm - Reply

RESPECTED SIR/MAM,
    I AM PURSUING M.COM FROM MADRAS CHRISTIAN COLLEGE CHENNAI. AND I AM LOOKING FOR SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2010. I AM INTRESTED IN FINANCE OR INVESTMENT BANKING. SO CAN U HELP ME

I AM WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.
    THANK YOU.

2. kirandeep

on November 25, 2010 at 12:03 pm - Reply

hi,m kiran i want to do internship in ludhiana in some bank. my topic is Risk management i banking.plz. suggest me something.i’ll wait for ur reply.
    Thanx

3. Shikhar Malik

on December 15, 2010 at 4:46 pm - Reply

I m a 3rd year student of Birla Institute Of Technology And Science Pilani (Hyderabad) doing Msc economics . I m interested in a summer internship in the respective field in Mumbai .I will also be glad if you could help me find a research projects on econoics for summer. Plss inform me as soon as possible .
    Thanx

• sairam

on January 15, 2011 at 12:22 pm - Reply

im intrested in taking summer intern in hyderabad ..im pursuing msc economics from bits pilani plz let me know

4. ASHISH

on January 23, 2011 at 4:18 am - Reply

Hi, I am Ashish a PGDM student at Kohinoor Business School and want to do Summer Internship In Investment Banking plz suggest how, can i find one………..plz reply soon

5. Gaurav

on January 23, 2011 at 10:37 am - Reply

Respected sir,
    i want to do summar training from any bank in uttrakhand / Delhi . i also want to know what are the various procedures for doing so .
    I am persuing BBA from Graphic Era University , Dehradun ,Uttrakhand ,
    please do reply with your valuable tips .
    Gaurav Thapliyal
    @ 9557007893
    @pyushgt@yahoo.com.

6. Atinderdeep Singh

on March 17, 2011 at 11:14 am - Reply

Hi, I am Atinderdeep Singh a PGDM student at Delhi School of Professional Studies aand Research and want to do Summer Internship In Investment Banking plz suggest how, can i find one………..plz reply soon

7. evita das

on April 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm - Reply

RESPECTED SIR/MAM,
    i am pursuing economic honours from delhi university.ip college. am interested in investment banking. can you please help me.

waiting for your reply
    THANK YOU.

8. anurag ashok kuma mishra

on May 8, 2013 at 7:03 am - Reply

ESPECTED SIR/MAM,
    i am pursuing mba from imdr pune college. am interested in investment banking. can you please help me.
    waiting for your reply
    THANK YOU.

9. vivek garg

on May 22, 2013 at 1:45 pm - Reply

sir i m interseted in internship of finance field.so plz rply me

10. sharad kumar

on March 23, 2015 at 11:36 am - Reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please let me know if your company is still hiring interns. I need it for my doughter. she has been continuously getting very good grades and is a very hard worker.

Regards
    Sharad Kumar

11. Smriti Gupta

on October 2, 2015 at 3:21 am - Reply

summer internship in finance

12. NEERAV DHARRA

on August 10, 2016 at 10:16 am - Reply

SIR,
    I HAVE COMPLETED ENGINEERING IN ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND LOOKING OUT FOR INTERSHIP. PLEASE GIVE ME ANY REFERENCE WHERE IN I CAN APPLY.

13. Nissa

on October 27, 2016 at 11:57 am - Reply

I am pursuig my MBA in Finance and Marketing ,Please let me know if I can get any internship.