Samsung Electronics in association with the Sung Kyun Kwan University announces the “Global Scholarship Program – 2009”
Samsung Electronics announce the aid for the ambitious Graduates & Undergraduates to pursue Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the prestigious Sung Kyun Kwan University, South Korea- an affiliate to the MIT Sloan School of Management and an opportunity to be the part of the Samsung Electronics Global Family.
A Brief Overview:
• Samsung Electronics has a unique scholarship program leading to a MBA degree from the prestigious SKK University (http://gsb.skku.edu ), Korea.
• This is a 1.5-year full time residential program based out of the University in Seoul, Korea.
• Selected applicants are Fully Sponsored by Samsung Electronics to take up further studies; further more Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. will employ them upon graduation.
• After Completion of this course, the Minimum Service Bond shall be 4 years with Samsung Electronics. [1- 2 Years in S.E.C. (HQ) Korea & further 2 – 3 years in South West Asia regional Headquarter, New Delhi (India)].
• The University has a tie up with MIT Sloan School of management to provide international Exposure in terms of curriculum. The faculty members are specially trained by Sloan School of management. Visiting faculty from Sloan School of Management is an added feature.
1. All tuition expenses are covered by Samsung
2. Monthly living allowance (approximately USD 800 per month)
3. Dormitory support for living
4. Two round-trip plane tickets between his or her mother country and Korea during the course (once a year)
5. Medical insurance for students
6. Summer Internship at Samsung.
1. Opportunity to be apart of Samsung Global Family.
2. Strong leadership and high academic standards
3. Samsung commitment to the GSP – Program
4. All courses are taught in English
5. Curriculum combining academic depth and managerial relevance
6. Strategic alliance with the MIT Sloan School of Management
Details of the GSP-SKK Program:
The Samsung Group places special emphasis on the employment of specialists holding
MBA degrees from topnotch Baltic universities majoring in various areas of business
administration and it also offers a unique Sponsored MBA Program: GSP-SKK Program
for talented youth willing to broaden their horizons, deepen their knowledge, and join
the Samsung in the future. The Samsung GSB is a business school newly founded in the strategic alliance with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management.
– Applicant should be a Citizen of India.
– Applicant should be among the top 10 % of the Class graduating from a premier institute.
– Applicant with the Bachelor Degree in the field of Commerce/Humanities/
– For Undergraduates: Must be in their Final year and complete their graduation by May – June.
– For Graduates: Bachelors with 0 – 2 years of work experience in the field of marketing & related areas. Even Applicant with experience in related field from Engineering Background can also apply for the Program.
Conditions of the Program:
1. Upon completion of studies, the scholarship recipient is required to work at SEC (in Korea) for 1 year and 3 more years at the Samsung (RHQ) in the Home Country.
2. After 4 years of employment at Samsung, he or she may continue to work at Samsung upon mutual agreement between him or her and SEC.
Application open for limited period. To apply click here