Internship with Microsoft Research – India Lab Internship Program at Bangalore

Microsoft Research India conducts world-class research in computer science and related areas. We present regularly at international conferences and publish in research journals; and we also work closely with Microsoft’s product groups to transfer research ideas into Microsoft products. Microsoft Research India currently has seven research groups engaged in fundamental and applied research, and one group that is charged with advanced development and prototyping of research ideas.
Internships in Microsoft Research India are either research internships or software-development internships. Research interns work with Microsoft Research’s full-time researchers on research topics that often lead to research publications. Development interns work with researchers and software engineers to develop a prototype application that implements a research idea or on an independent software project.
Our goals for internships are two-fold:
Interns help us conduct world-class research and thus impact Microsoft.
Microsoft Research provides an environment where interns may experience an industrial research and development setting.
The work environment for interns in Microsoft Research India is flexible and independent, with mentorships tailored individually for each intern. Projects are chosen after discussions with mentors, aiming at defining a project of mutual interest. Interns co-author publications about research to which they contribute. If they lead the research effort, they will be the primary author. Many of our former interns are now enrolled in PhD programs at the world’s best research universities and have taken research positions in academia and industry.
We accept interns at various levels in their academic life — from undergraduate students to PhD candidates — and from all over the world, including, but not limited to, India, the United States, Brazil, Ghana, Malta, and Pakistan.
Intern Orientation and Mentoring
During the first week, you will participate in an intern orientation and learn about your internship, your team, and Microsoft in general. You will meet with your mentor, an advisor who will show you the ropes, give you advice, and help you get the most out of your internship.
To Apply for an internship.
To apply for an internship with Microsoft Research in North America, Europe, or India, complete the Internship Application. We will keep new applications on file for one year from the date of application.
If you have previously applied for an internship, and it’s been at least a year, your application has been deleted in compliance with our security and privacy policy. If you are again interested in a Microsoft Research internship, submit a new application.

18 Responses to “Internship with Microsoft Research – India Lab Internship Program at Bangalore”

1. Alok says:

Hello sir,I am a b.tech(I.T) 3rd yr student looking for summer internship in july 2009.Will u please suggest me.
    contact me at: aalok.kjha03@gmail.com
    ph no:09432844915

2. Alok says:

Hello sir,I’m a b.tech(I.T.) 3rd yr student looking for summer internship in july 2009.will u please sujjest me.
    contact:
    email-id: aalok.kjha03@gmail.com
    ph no:09432844915

3. manvendra says:

Hello sir,I'm a b.tech(C.S.) 3rd yr student looking for summer internship in JUNE 2009.will u please suggest me.
    contact:
    email-id: singh.manvendra38@gmail.com
    ph no:09452521400

4. Sourav says:

Hello sir, I am a B.Tech(C.S.) 3rd year looking for summer internship in June 2010. Will you please suggest me.
    contact:
    email-id: biswassourav.cse47@yahoo.in
    ph no: 09863202223

5. Arpita says:

dear sir/madam,
    i am arpita an engineer(ECE) & now pursuing my MBA(HR / SYSTEMS) so very much interested in summer internship so kindy consider my plea and guide me further to be a partof the organization.
    thanks & regards
    arpita dash
    mail id- er.arpitadash@gmail.com

6. Rinku says:

Sir I am pursuing Btech in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY 3RD YR. STUDENT in orissa,india.
    So please suggest some well defined companies so that it must be fruitful to me.
    Email: ashishbehera007@rediffmail.com
    Contact:+919861237268

7. nisha bansal says:

Hello,
    I am a student of BE(CSE)3rd year student and interested in summer internship 2010. can u please suggest me for it.

8. nisha bansal says:

Hello,
    I am a student of BE(CSE) 3rd year and interested in summer internship 2010 so can you please suggest me for that.
    Nisha
    E mail id- nishabansal19@gmail.com

9. down to dusk says:

Respected Sir/Mam
    My Name is Kundan, i am 1st year Student of MBA (IT+Marketing), would love to do my Summer Internship through google, so i request you to guide me, what all the documents required pls send me as mail to "sharmakundan1988@gmail.com"

Thanking you Sir/Mam

10. Harsha Varma says:

Respected Sir/Mam

Thanking you Sir/Mam

11. down to dusk says:

Respected Sir/Mam
    My Name is Priyanka Mohanty, i am 1st year Student of MBA (IT+Marketing), would love to do my Summer Internship through google, so i request you to guide me, what all the documents required pls send me as mail to "priyankamohanty3@gmail.com"

Thanking you Sir/Mam

12. Chitrak says:

HELLO SIR,
    I M CHITRAK MITTAL WANT TO DO 6 MONTHS INTERNSHIP IN .NET PLATFORM PURSUING 6TH SEM OF B.TECH PLZ GIVE ME A RESPONSE.
    CHITRAK MITTAL
    cell-09988370367
    b2mittal@yahoo.com

13. phani says:

that link was not available

14. tushar saini says:

hello,
    respected sir/mam i m a 1st year m.b.a student from institute of rural management….keenly want 2 du winter internship from google so plzz kindly guide me dt wht is the procedure and what all documents r required for the same.
    contact me:tushar4u32@gmail.com
    phn no:9784777555

15. SHILPI SINGHAL says:

Sir I am pursuing Btech in COMPUTER SCIENCE, 2ND YR. STUDENT
    Email: shilpi0101@gmail.com

16. SHILPI SINGHAL says:

Sir I am pursuing Btech in COMPUTER SCIENCE, 2ND YR. STUDENT
    So please suggest some well defined companies for summer internship in june-july 2011 so that it must be fruitful to me.
    Email: shilpi0101@gmail.com

17. madhurbatheja says:

hi my name is madhur i want to apply for internship for 6 months
    my email id is :madhurbatheja@gmail.com
    i am betch 3rd year student of computer science

18. SHANTANU MAJUMDER says:

Hello Sir,
    I am a B. Sc. 3rd yr. student pursuing a Hns. course in Mathematics. I’ve an integrated knowledge of Computer Science and Java Programming. I am looking for internships so as to enrich my practical experience in the work field. Hence if you think that I can be incorporated inany of your programmes, please contact me.