Graduate Student Intern position with Sun

Graduate Student Intern
Job Description: As a member of the Streamstar Engineering team, the intern will be responsible for assisting the development and QA team in building software tools, writing scripts, debugging failures, investigating bugs and designing solutions to basic technical problems.

This is a Graduate Student Intern position for the Sun Streaming System
group within the Systems Group (formerly Network Systems Group). The principal
responsibilities include developing system level software and tools for the next generation video streaming server product.

Desired Profile: A strong grasp of working with Solaris and/or Linux open source software is essential to this position. Just as important is a working knowledge of GCC, C++, Java, a good understanding of open source development environment, test-driven development and version control system.

Preferred Knowledge and Skills :
Experience with OpenSolaris/Linux open source software development, web development, knowledge of formal approaches to programming language semantics, experience with Unix software development environments is preferred. Familiar with version control software like Subversion or CVS. Shell, Perl, Python or Tcl scripting experience is preferred.

Level of Education: at B.Tech/B.E. or Equivalent (M.Tech Preferred)
FIELD OF STUDY: Computer Science, Computer Engineering,Infromation Systems.
Previous Experience: 3 – 4 Years
Industry Type IT-Software/ Software Services
Functional Area Application Programming, Maintenance
Education UG – B.Tech/B.E.
PG – M.Tech
Location: Bengaluru/Bangalore
Keywords: Graduate Student Intern
Contact: Sun Microsystems India Pvt Ltd
Website: http://www.sun.com

To apply click here

No comments to this article

1. sandeep

on April 1, 2009 at 8:17 pm - Reply

I am Simranjeet Singh from jalandhar(Punjab)a student of lovely profeesional unversity in ECE(Electronic and Communication Engineering),3rd year. Seeking for 6 months internship program. I I have good practical knowledge, and good communication skills.Capable for working in a team.(phn. no: 9872343454)

2. Alok

on April 4, 2009 at 3:52 am - Reply

Hello sir,I’m a b.tech(I.T.) 3rd student from kolkata.i’m looking for 2 month internship prog.Am i capable of joining u.please inform.
    contact: aalok.kjha03@gmail.com
    ph no: 09432844915

3. Alok

on April 4, 2009 at 3:54 am - Reply

contact: aalok.kjha03@gmail.com
    ph no: 09432844915

4. azhar

on February 17, 2010 at 12:41 pm - Reply

i am azhar
    doing MBA 2nd sem from
    Dr. DY patil university ,pune
    i have done B.Tech.
    i want to do summer intrenship in yr co.
    contact me
    9503340609
    azharkhan196@gmail.com

5. RaMaN

on February 26, 2010 at 9:43 am - Reply

hello sir,
    i am a 3rd year student of b.tech(hons)CSE.i wish to apply for 6 months internship. please help me with the procedure.
    contact :
    raman.bhola22@yahoo.com
    09988020207

6. ABHISHEK

on March 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm - Reply

Respected sir,
    I am Abhishek Karnani a stuent of Jaipur Engg. College and Research Centre, Jaipur(Rajasthan technical university) seeking for a 1 month training. Have a positive attitude and good communication skills. I am a good listener and proved myself as a fast learner. Am I capable of joining you. Please inform.
    e-mail: abhishek.karnani224@gmail.com

7. Harsha Varma

on March 3, 2010 at 2:02 pm - Reply

Respected Sir/Mam
    My Name is Kundan, i am 1st year Student of MBA (IT+Marketing), would love to do my Summer Internship through google, so i request you to guide me, what all the documents required pls send me as mail to "sharmakundan1988@gmail.com"

Thanking you Sir/Mam

8. Harsha Varma

on March 3, 2010 at 2:03 pm - Reply

Respected Sir/Mam
    My Name is Priyanka Mohanty, i am 1st year Student of MBA (IT+Marketing), would love to do my Summer Internship through google, so i request you to guide me, what all the documents required pls send me as mail to "priyankamohanty3@gmail.com"

Thanking you Sir/Mam

9. pragati

on March 4, 2010 at 4:05 pm - Reply

Respected Sir/Madam,
    I am pursuing first year of MBA(HR & Systems -dual) ,having BE(computer science & engineering) background. Wishing to complete my 2 months summer internship this summer with this company. I strongly believe that i will be best in my work and even will work best for this company in future, if I ever get this opportunity.
    Thanking you,
    Hope for positive reply.
    Pragati Untwal.
    MBA(HR & Systems)
    email id: pragati_untwal@yahoo.co.in & pragatiuntwal@gmail.com

10. Piyush

on March 14, 2010 at 6:41 pm - Reply

hello,
    i m 3rd yr comp sc student.i am very much interested in this internship,so please give me a chance 2 let me show what i am capable of doin.
    piyush3333@gmail.com

11. kanhaiya

on May 7, 2010 at 5:55 pm - Reply

Hello sir,I'm a B.E(C.S.) 3rd student from MIT, indore.i'm looking for 2 month internship prog.Am i capable of joining u.please inform.
    contact: dokaniagaurav@gmail.com
    ph no: o9755517521

12. Rathin

on July 13, 2010 at 4:55 pm - Reply

Hello Sir, This is Arijit Dey. I have compleated my baclelors in Information And Communication Technology (Networking)from University of South Australia, Adelaide. I want to seek your summer internship program.
    Mobile no.- 9051622170
    Email- arijit.dey.slg@gmail.com

Regards.
    Arijit

13. Harish Panwar

on September 8, 2010 at 5:04 pm - Reply

hello sir,
    I am student of 2nd year, B.Tech(Computer Science) in IIT Roorkee.
    Sir please tell am i eligible for your internship program. I have knowledge of almost all technologies you have mentioned above.
    contact:- harry.iitr@gmail.com

14. veeramani.B

on September 18, 2010 at 10:02 am - Reply

sir ,iam doing final year mca at kongunadu arts and science college,Coimbatore.iam need a real time for in your company.

thanks& regards;