The Macquarie Group is one of the largest international providers of specialist investment, advisory and financial services headquartered in the Asia-Pacific region. For the past 16 years, Macquarie has reported record profits and consistent growth due to significant international expansion and now employs approximately 13,000 people across 25 countries. Macquarie has been active in Asia for over a decade, establishing our first office in Hong Kong in 1994. Today we have more than 2,000 professionals across 11 markets in Asia.
Key to Macquarie’s success is a unique management style that provides individual businesses with a balance between operating freedom, controls on risk limits and observance of professional standards. This philosophy encourages a sense of ownership and entrepreneurial endeavour among our people and has produced a stream of major financial innovations throughout Macquarie’s history.
The Macquarie Capital Winter Internship Program in Asia runs for 8-10 weeks from early December to mid-February. During this period you will be exposed to a dynamic working environment with the opportunity to be involved in high-profile transactions and projects while working within Macquarie Capital Advisers.
Within Macquarie Capital Advisers you may be working in any of the following industry groups:
- Financial Institutions
- Infrastructure and Utilities
- Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment and Technology
Or one of our specialist product groups:
- Debt Structuring and Distribution (DSD)
- Equity Capital Markets (ECM)
- Macquarie Capital Funds (Funds)
Working with the best people in the industry, you will be exposed to an informal work environment geared towards learning and gaining real transaction experience. Whilst we believe the best way to learn is through on the job training, you will also be provided with additional training and information sessions including:
- Macquarie Induction
- Financial modelling, Bloomberg and other database training
- Presentations from each of the areas within Macquarie
- Group project to be presented to a mock Investment Committee
In addition to providing you with technical skills and practical experience, the Macquarie Capital Winter Internship Program provides you with opportunities to develop your interpersonal skills through networking with current Macquarie Capital employees at various work and social events.
We are looking for high-calibre candidates in their penultimate year of studies for this program. Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- High levels of motivation, drive, tenacity, initiative and integrity
- Strong numerical, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to think outside the box and entrepreneurial spirit
- Commercial acumen and genuine interest in financial markets
- Strong academic results and outstanding personal achievements
At the conclusion of the program, Macquarie Capital looks to offer full time graduate positions to students based on their performance during the internship. Sponsorship is available.