Software Engineering Intern – Bangalore
Positions are available in Bangalore and Hyderabad, India.
The role: Software Engineering Intern
Software Engineers at Google are developers who yearn to create and implement full product lifecycles – not just code solutions. This means you need to have a solid foundation in computer science, you consistently come up with new ideas and you would naturally strive for a deep understanding of your products in order to be able to continually improve upon them. With the bigger picture in mind, you will seek to code elegant systems. Our teams develop massively scalable, distributed software systems and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity and asking questions. You bring strong competencies in data structures and algorithms along with a technical fascination for how stuff fits together. You’re motivated to experiment and take chances in order to make a difference in your field, unafraid to stand up for your ideas and eager to embrace change.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms.
- Excellent implementation skills (C++, Java, Python).
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming a plus.